Friday, September 18, 2009

Podcasting

The idea of podcasting was exciting for me. Although the room was hot, I enjoyed recording my intro and coming with ideas for the podcast. I am a little skeptical about using the method of podcasting in my classroom because of tech issues and I would also have to worry about students with behavioral issues. What about Special needs students. Would podcasting be helpful source of learning for them? Those are question that came in mind. If someone has an answer for that question feel free to comment.

Thanks,

2 comments:

  1. Yea girl it was hot..but I really agree with you what about special need students? Maybe podcasting can help them in a different ways then other students. I never really thought about that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions!

    I think this would be an activity you could use in both whole class (likes ours) and small group settings. You could bring 2-3 students back to a computer to read or listen to a podcasted story while others work at their seats.

    Also, special needs students would be able to use this form of communication. Take a look here for some ways that ipods can be used with Special Education students:

    http://web.mac.com/janekeyes/Podcasting_Workshop/iPods_and_Special_Education.html

    ReplyDelete